Q. I feel tired always, disturbed sleep and have increased weight. Please help.

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

I am eager to get my reports examined and get your opinion. Reports attached for your reference. I would be more glad to seek your advice on my LFT/KFT and diabetes reports. What is required to bring all parameters to normal? I work for an IT company and mostly sedentary lifestyle. Hardly I walk for 3 to 4 km in the morning. No smoking, moderate alcohol, vegetarian. I feel tired most of the time, disturbed sleep, unknown reasons for weight increase from 82 kg to 87 kg in the last couple of months. Currently, on Ecosprin 150 mg and Fibbitor 20 (daily once in the morning) for eight years due to MI and was administered check angio. Please advice.

#

You have diabetes mellitus (type 2). This occurs due to deficiency of insulin which is secreted by the pancreas. You will require reduction of your weight, regular walk at a brisk pace for about 45 minutes to one hour daily for most days of the week. You should be on antidiabetic drugs too. You already have had an MI as per your history so you have to be extra careful with your weight and diabetes.

You can continue the drugs which you are taking, in addition, you should be on tablet Metformin SR and one of the antihypertensive agents (ACEI or ARBs). Kindly consult a physician or diabetologist near you for the correct dosages of these drugs depending on your sugar levels and blood pressure records.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|