I am under medication for diabetes and also following diet and lifestyle modifications. What else could I do to manage it well?

Q. Can my diabetes be reversed if I take good care?

and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 11, 2022 and last reviewed on: Jul 18, 2023

I am sharing my reports with you. I have incorporated diet and lifestyle modifications and have already reduced carbohydrate intake. I am taking more vegetables and selected fruits and some non-vegetables, especially on chicken and fish. Kindly advise me on my fasting insulin results. I am under the following medication now Tablet Gemer forte twice daily after meals, Tablet Teleact 40 mg once daily after breakfast, Tablet Clopivas 75 mg once daily after lunch, and Tablet Tonact-TG once daily at bedtime. Is it reversible? Please share your opinion.

#

Diabetes is reversible in many people, and many people also achieve even complete reversible results. If your fasting postprandial blood sugars are well controlled (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), I would suggest you to discuss with your doctor to switch you on the following medicines for better results. Take Tablet Sitagliptin, Tablet Metformin and Tablet Dapa (Dapagliflozin). These are newer medicine. It induces weight loss and also helps in improving insulin resistance. Hope it helps. Regards.

|