Q. I have had diarrhea for two days and now got a fever and body pain. Kindly help me.

I have had diarrhea for two days. The stool is watery for two days now. I took Diatabs and Hydride, but still, it has persisted for two days now. I also had some fever, body pains, although it ceases whenever I take Ibuprofen. Is there any way I can have a prescription for an antibiotic for diarrhea? I think I drank contaminated coffee. I had taken Ciprofloxacin in the past. Kindly help me.

#

I can understand your concern. As the diarrhea is there for two days and the medications you are taking are not showing any effect. There are chances of you getting dehydrated.

I suggest consulting a doctor in person or going to ER (emergency) is the best option for you. Without knowing the cause and detailed medical history, it will not be appropriate to suggest any medications. The doctor will examine you and might suggest a stool sample test to know the exact cause of the infection and then prescribe appropriate antibiotics to control the symptoms. The doctor might advise IV (intravenous) fluids if needed. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated. Using ORS (oral rehydration solution) also helps.

I hope this was helpful.

|