Q. I have breathing difficulty with constant burping and dizziness. Why?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

I cannot breathe properly and I burp every few minutes. And I am always dizzy and pale. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

You might be suffering from low hemoglobin. The causes are many, but to start I want you to get some tests to help diagnose the problem.

The possibilities are celiac disease, H pylori infections, food allergies, giardiasis, and autoimmune enteropathy. You also look low for your body weight in this age.

I want to know how much blood you lose on monthly cycles? If it is a large amount, then it is one of the possibilities of you having low hemoglobin. Please check yourself.

Anemia with anemic symptoms.

Complete blood count. Iron profile. Vitamin B12 and folate. Anti TTG, IgA, IgG. Stools for H pylori
TSH, FT4, FT3.

Excessive menstrual loss. H pylori. Giardiasis. Malnutrition.

Follow up to discuss the management plan.

| 

Iron-Deficiency Anemia - Its Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment

Article Overview: Iron-deficiency anemia is a global burden over the communities, and it is prevalent everywhere. This article discusses the clinical features, causes, diagnosis, and treatment of iron-deficiency anemia. Read Article

Hematologist

Clinical Features: Most of the patients will present with fatigue, tiredness, and dizziness. If anemia is severe, then breathlessness (dyspnea) is also present. Patient's working capacity is restricted, and palpitation can be present. If iron-deficiency anemia is present from early life (from six...  Read Article

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full »

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full »