HomeAnswersPediatricsstomach painWhat causes severe stomach pain with vomiting in a 6-year-old?

My 6 year old son is vomiting and has a stomach ache. Please help.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 25, 2017
Reviewed AtSeptember 6, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My six year old boy is suffering from stomach ache. He vomited three times already. He had mangoes yesterday, and today he is having yellow vomiting. I gave him Ondansetron syrup and Cyclopam. The vomiting has stopped now, but he still has the stomach pain. The stomach pain is so severe that he starts crying.

Answered by Dr. M. L. Kothari


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Your child is suffering from gastroenteritis. I suggest you try giving him the following:

  1. Continue Ondansetron syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day.
  2. Cyclopam (Paracetamol and Dicyclomine) syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day.
  3. Syrup Zenflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole), one teaspoonful twice daily for five days.
  4. Give ORS (oral rehydration salts) solutions as required.

Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a pediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. M. L. Kothari
Dr. M. L. Kothari


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy