Q. My 6 year old son is vomiting and has a stomach ache. Please help.

Dr. M.l. Kothari
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2021

My 6 year old boy is suffering from stomach ache. He vomited 2 to 3 times already. He had mangoes yesterday, and today he is having yellow vomiting. I gave him Ondansetron syrup and Cyclopam. The vomiting has stopped now, but he still has the stomach pain. The stomach pain is so severe that he starts crying.

#

• Your child is suffering from gastroenteritis. I suggest you try giving him the following:
  1. Continue Ondansetron syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day.
  2. Cyclopam (Paracetamol and Dicyclomine) syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day.
  3. Syrup Zenflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole), one teaspoonful twice daily for five days.
  4. Give ORS (oral rehydration salts) solutions as required.

Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and strat taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|