Q. I had quite a high number of pills for stomach cramps in the last two days. How to manage drug overdose?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

I had stomach cramps and I have taken 17 different pills over two days. I think it might be a small over-dose of pills. Please help.

Do you have a question on Drug Overdose or Stomach Cramps?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

MBBS., MD., CURRENTLY DOING FELLOWSHIP IN DIABETOLOGY

Self medications can be dangerous and can risk the lives. I advice you to take plenty of water to flush off absorbed drug from the body. It is better to get liver function tests done to assess the extent of damage to liver, though risk is minimal in your case. Aspirin and Paracetamol are acidic drugs which can cause gastric erosions, symptoms which you are experiencing. I suggest you to take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg twice daily for 15 days and then once daily for another 15 days. Also, use Mucain gel orally 15 ml thrice daily for 10 days. If experiencing severe symptoms, visit your doctor without delay.

Also Read Answers From: Drug Overdose Stomach Cramps

What should I do if I have taken seven 500mg crocin(paracetamol) tablets together?
Query: Hi, What should I do if I have taken seven 500 mg crocin tablets together?  Read Full »
Dr. Ignatius Soon
Criticalcare Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you indeed took 7 x 500mg crocin tablets which on the GSK website are paracetamol tablets, your total dose is 7X500mg = 3500mg of Paracetamol. The answer would depend on how heavy you are. Most of the time, the toxic dose is 200mg per kilogram. For example, if you ...  Read Full »

Why do I have brown discharge and fatigue after Ortho-Cyclen pills?
Query: Dear doctor, I am on Ortho-Cyclen pills for five months. I skipped my placebo pills and went on to the next pack. Now, I am having stomach cramps after eating, brown discharge, cloudy urine, and fatigue. Kindly advise me.  Read Full »
Dr. Sini P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Placebo pills are just vitamin tablets. So, skipping those pills will not cause any problem. Stomach cramps might be due to gastritis. For this, you can take some antacid. For "brownish discharge, cloudy urine and fatigue" please take urine pregnancy test. If it is ne...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now