Q. My alpha 2 globulin and gamma globulin are high. What does this mean?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Elevated Iga or Systemic Lupus Erythematosus? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I tested positive for an autoimmune disease. My titers were 1280. I then had more blood work done by a rheumatologist and just now received some back online. I noticed my alpha 2 globulin was high (1.12) and my gamma globulin was pretty high as well. The rest were normal on the protein electrophoresis. What does this mean?