Q. My eosinophil values are high. Does this indicate cancer?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am a 58-year-old male. I got blood from my nose for two to three hours last month. Packing was done in my nose, which was removed after four days. I got all the test done at that time. I have enclosed my report. The ENT specialist told me that due to cold infection and high BP, your sinus was busted. After removal of packing, I am normal. Today, I got my blood tested as a routine check. I found that my eosinophils are quite high whereas, in last month report, it was ok. Today report is also attached. Please compare both reports and analyze the reasons. Is high eosinophils a start of cancer? Please advice, I am quite worried.

Do you have a question on Eosinophil Count or Cancer?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS, MD, DVL., SPECIALIST IN COSMETOLOGY AND SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES ., MEMBER OF INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY
Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology

Increase in eosinophil is mostly allergic, try oral steroids (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In cases of cancer, they usually increase from 100 to 1000 times, so nothing to worry about cancer. Consult a good physician for complete physical examination.

Have you seen my last month report and today report? Eosinophils was fine last month but WBC was higher than the limit. In today's report, eosinophils are high, but the WBC count is fine. Should I be worried? Please check my blood sugar level in both reports. Is medication required or with walking, it will be controlled? I walk daily for one hour. Please advice.

Yes, I have seen both reports, the sudden increase in eosinophil is mostly due to allergy. There is nothing to worry about. No need for medicines to control blood sugar at present, keep maintain the proper diet and exercise. I hope it helps.

Also Read Answers From: Eosinophil Count Cancer

My eosinophil count is 6, the upper normal range. Is it normal?
Query: Hi doctor, I took a CBC test a few days back. Is everything normal? My eosinophil count has increased from 3 to 6 and I am worried as the normal range is 1 to 6. Can you please get back to me on this and if it is fine? Absolute is slightly high but within range. Please let me know if everything is a...  Read Full »
Dr. Vedprakash Verma
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your complete blood count report and understood your query regarding about eosinophilia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all your reports are normal and counts are also normal, no need to worry regarding this. Your absolute eosin...  Read Full »

Cervical Cancer - Causes and Prevention
Article Overview: Estimates suggest that by 2025 more than 365 women will die due to cervical cancer everyday. Cervical cancer is caused by HPV (Human Papilloma Virus ) and mainly affects young women.  Read Article »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Trivia: Estimates suggest that by 2025 more than 365 women will die due to cervical cancer every day. Cervical cancer is the second largest cancer affecting women's health. What Causes Cervical Cancer? Cervical cancer is caused by HPV (Human Papilloma Virus ) and mainly affects young women. ...  Read Article »

Cancerous Conditions Related to the Eye
Article Overview: Cancer is a leading cause of mortality and morbidity in the developed world and is on the rise among all age groups and social strata. The eye is also not spared from cancerous afflictions and has a whole plethora of cancerous and precancerous conditions that require proper evaluation and care by ophthalmologists. This article looks at the main cancers of the eye and has been written to be a basic guide to the common man about what important symptoms s/he will need to be concerned about and those problems that would need an immediate consultation with an ophthalmologist.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Cancer is a leading cause of mortality and morbidity in the developed world and is on the rise amongst all age groups and social strata. The eye is also not spared from cancerous afflictions and has a whole plethora of cancerous and precancerous conditions that require proper evaluation and care by ...  Read Article »

Ask a Doctor Now