Q. My eosinophil values are high. Does this indicate cancer?

I am a 58-year-old male. I got blood from my nose for two to three hours last month. Packing was done in my nose, which was removed after four days. I got all the test done at that time. I have enclosed my report. The ENT specialist told me that due to cold infection and high BP, your sinus was busted. After removal of packing, I am normal. Today, I got my blood tested as a routine check. I found that my eosinophils are quite high whereas, in last month report, it was ok. Today report is also attached. Please compare both reports and analyze the reasons. Is high eosinophils a start of cancer? Please advice, I am quite worried.

#

Increase in eosinophil is mostly allergic, try oral steroids (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In cases of cancer, they usually increase from 100 to 1000 times, so nothing to worry about cancer. Consult a good physician for complete physical examination.

Have you seen my last month report and today report? Eosinophils was fine last month but WBC was higher than the limit. In today's report, eosinophils are high, but the WBC count is fine. Should I be worried? Please check my blood sugar level in both reports. Is medication required or with walking, it will be controlled? I walk daily for one hour. Please advice.

#

Yes, I have seen both reports, the sudden increase in eosinophil is mostly due to allergy. There is nothing to worry about. No need for medicines to control blood sugar at present, keep maintain the proper diet and exercise. I hope it helps.

|