Q. I am suffering from epididymo-orchitis. Please tell me whether I am fertile or not.

Dr. Raja Ramesh
Published on Mar 31, 2017

I had an attack of orchitis in my right testis. I have undergone a scan due to pain. It showed right epididymo-orchitis, and my sperm count is 59 million and 60% actively motile. Please tell me whether I am fertile enough or not. My affected testis size is small, and I am mentally getting disturbed. Nowadays, I am not experiencing the pain, and it is witnessed only in stressful condition and on strenuous exercise.

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

• From the photos and history (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from right epididymo-orchitis.
  • Semen analysis is just below normal limits for total counts, and the motility appears normal. Other parameters are within normal limits. There is no detail about morphology, though.
  • Slight variation in the size of the testis is normal. The difference in the greatest dimension of testes should exceed 0.5 cm to be considered significant. Here, it is not so and nothing to worry regarding the size of the testis.
  • Since other testis and epididymis are perfectly normal; you have nothing to worry about fertility potential. You will function normally.
  • For occasional pain, analgesic should suffice. Semen analysis need not be repeated at present.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

What is the reason for testicular pain and burning sensation in the leg?

Query: Hi doctor,Actually, I feel sometimes pain in my right testicle for last two months. Sometimes also feel burning sensation, weakness, heaviness in the right leg. For past four months, I was under severe stress, anxiety, and depression due to an unprotected sexual exposure .five months back. It caused...  Read Full »

I cannot understand my semen analysis report. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor,The semen analysis report is in my hand, but I cannot understand it.Liquefaction time- 30 minutes.Duration of abstinence- four days.Appearance- creamy white.Volume 4.0 ml.Ph 8Fructose- Present.Motility- 100.Spermatozoa- rapid 20%, slow 10%, non-progressive motility 5%, immotile 83%.Vita...  Read Full »

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »