Q. I get a bad fever every time I kiss somebody. Will this condition eventually go away?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

I am a 20 year old woman. Every time I kiss someone, even just a peck or someone I have kissed before, I get a bad fever that sometimes lasts up to a week, nausea, and fatigue that makes me sleep almost all day and night. I have only kissed about three people. Will this go away eventually? I am anemic and have a history of being deficient in pretty much everything including calcium, vitamins, etc., but I have not had a blood test in about a year. So, I am not sure where that is at now.

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

• It could be due to Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). It typically occurs in teenagers, but you can get it at any age. The virus is spread through saliva, which is why some people call it 'the kissing disease.'
  • I would like to enlighten you about few other diseases you can get from kissing:
  1. Any respiratory virus.
  2. Herpes simplex.
  3. Cytomegalovirus.
  4. Streptococcus.
  • We will need to evaluate it clinically to arrive at a diagnosis.

Feel free to follow up anytime.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|