Q. How to get treated for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Image: How to get treated for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

I am a 37 year old married man, who has two kids. I am experiencing erectile dysfunction from the last few years. I used to have sex thrice every week, but now, it has come down to once a week. I do not get hard erections. As a result, I am not able to satisfy my partner. I went to a doctor some months back, and he prescribed Nano Leo and Pramiday medicines. Can you suggest some effective medicines which can act fast when taken a few hours before sex?

Dr.Seikhoo Bishnoi
MBBS., MD PSYCHIATRY
Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, Sexology

I can understand your concern.

• In most men, erectile dysfunction occurs due to underlying anxiety and stress. You have tried Nano Leo (active salts) already and the problem is persisting.
  • In such a situation, I suggest you get your serum testosterone and prolactin tested, to rule out any hormonal causes. If that comes normal, then no need to worry.
  • I suggest taking supplements like L-Arginine and Yohimbine, which will help in making erection strong. L-Arginine 1500 mg daily will make your erection good. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  • If that fails, then drugs like Sildenafil or Tadalafil can be tried. Tadalafil is long-acting and can be used when needed. The drug is safe to use and does not cause any side effects. This will solve your problem.

Thanks and take care.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thanks for the reply. I have seen that if we do have sex after a considerable long gap, thensuffer from premature ejaculation even before we begin. What could be the solution for both PE and ED?

Dr.Seikhoo Bishnoi
MBBS., MD PSYCHIATRY
Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, Sexology

• This is normal and there is no need to worry. If you will have sex after a long gap, then you will ejaculate very early. Premature ejaculation is not a thing to get worried about.
  • Still, if you are depressed due to that, then I suggest taking Dapoxetine at that time. The drug can be used about one to two hours before sex and will surely help to delay the ejaculation time. The drug is safe and you need not use this drug regularly.
  • For ED, as I have mentioned earlier you can consider taking Tadalafil.

Thanks.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Also Read Answers From

Ask a Sexologist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.