How to get treated for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Q. How to get treated for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Answered by
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2022

Hello doctor,

I am a 37-year-old married man, who has two kids. I am experiencing erectile dysfunction from the last few years. I used to have sex thrice every week, but now, it has come down to once a week. I do not get hard erections. As a result, I am not able to satisfy my partner. I went to a doctor some months back, and he prescribed Nano Leo and Pramiday medicines. Can you suggest some effective medicines which can act fast when taken a few hours before sex?



Welcome to

I can understand your concern.

  1. In most men, erectile dysfunction occurs due to underlying anxiety and stress. You have tried Nano Leo (active salts) already and the problem is persisting.
  2. In such a situation, I suggest you get your serum testosterone and prolactin tested, to rule out any hormonal causes. If that comes normal, then no need to worry.
  3. I suggest taking supplements like L-Arginine and Yohimbine, which will help in making erection strong. L-Arginine 1500 mg daily will make your erection good. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  4. If that fails, then drugs like Sildenafil or Tadalafil can be tried. Tadalafil is long-acting and can be used when needed. The drug is safe to use and does not cause any side effects. This will solve your problem.

Thanks and take care.

Hi doctor,

Thanks for the reply.

I have seen that if we do have sex after a considerable long gap, then I suffer from premature ejaculation even before we begin. What could be the solution for both PE and ED?



Welcome back to

  1. This is normal and there is no need to worry. If you will have sex after a long gap, then you will ejaculate very early. Premature ejaculation is not a thing to get worried about.
  2. Still, if you are depressed due to that, then I suggest taking Dapoxetine at that time. The drug can be used about one to two hours before sex and will surely help to delay the ejaculation time. The drug is safe and you need not use this drug regularly.
  3. For ED (erectile dysfunctions), as I have mentioned earlier you can consider taking Tadalafil. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with them, and take medicines with their consent.


Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

that worsens with life stressors with the occurrence of negative life events ... stress of GAD ...   Read full

Stress-a barrier for brain development,is that true?

.. of stress in children does affect brain development. As the brain develops till the age of 18 years, stress can affect the development. Stress can, in general, affect the functioning of the body, hormonal balance, and immunity levels as well.   Read full

I have premature ejaculation after getting circumcised. What to do?

.. nothing to do with the loss of penile sensations or premature ejaculation. It is just that you are correlating two things together as an explanation for yourself. You cannot say that you have premature ejaculation while masturbating.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.