Q. I am diabetic and suffering from erectile dysfunction for a year. Please help.

and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 22, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2021

I have type 2 diabetes with erectile dysfunction for a year. It gets hard for few minutes and then it comes back completely down. I have this problem often. Please give me a solution to solve these two problems. I do physical activity like yoga and walking. My sugar levels are under control. I am not allergic to any medicines. I am taking Diawel D and Zory M1 in the morning time. Sometimes I get nervous.

#

I understand your concern. I assure you that erectile dysfunction is one of the common complications of long-standing diabetes mellitus and the majority of patients respond well to the available medications. To manage erectile dysfunction, try to control your blood sugar. You have not attached the reports. Try to keep HbA1c (hemoglobin A1C) below 7. This is the most sensitive test when sexual health is considered.

It is necessary to see whether psycho-sexual factors are contributing to this problem. If you have anxiety about sexual performance or sexual inadequacy, then this is the main factor that you need to manage along with erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can be managed by taking appropriate therapy. You can take Tadalafil on a low dose. It has very limited side effects and they are highly effective. It should be used under the guidance of the consulting doctor.

My sugar levels are under control. I have some psychological problems. Sometimes I get out of my mind suddenly and I become more tensed. I get embarrassed. But it happens often. Please mention the duration and dosage of taking Tadalafil.

#

For these similar conditions, I suggest you take tablet Nexito forte (Clonazepam with Escitalopram oxalate) half tablet to be taken at bedtime. It helps to stabilize the mood and controls anxiety that is responsible for performance issues. The other option is to take Tadalafil 5 mg. It should be taken before 90 minutes of having sex. It should not be used on regular basis and it should be used while having sex. Have a follow-up after 15 days to know the progress and improvement.

|