Q. My husband watched a strip show and is feeling guilty. How to get him out of this?

Published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear doctor,

My husband recently watched a strip show. It affected him a lot. After asking a lot of questions, he revealed that he could not come out of it. He is always straying on other women, and he is thinking of going back and booking a prostitute. Also, he is worried that he could not come out of it. He is fantasizing them while having sex with me. He is feeling guilty and wants to stop thinking like this. Please kindly advise what should I do to get it out of him.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• He has developed the guilt post watching the show. As you are aware that he went to watch a strip show, I do not think there is any need for guilt.
  • Watching strip show is like watching an adult movie which most of the men watch. Only you can help him to come out of that guilt.
  • First of all, explain to him that there is nothing wrong in watching a strip show or even if he imagines that show during sex. That thinking will go in some time. Try to spend more time in foreplay, and this will help him in forgetting that show.
  • If even after that the guilt persists, then there is a need to consult a psychiatrist.
  • Intrusive thoughts could be the part of anxiety. Treatment of anxiety by relaxation exercises and distraction will help in coming out of guilt.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thank you so much. Also, he increased watching other women. Is that a normal behavior?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• Sometimes, imagining other women is fine, and I do not think that you will have problems with that. But, watching other women in real is not acceptable.
  • In my opinion, his desire will decrease with time because he is feeling guilty for his behavior. With time he will become normal. Talk to him about this matter and explain to him that he has not committed a crime. 

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

How to come out of unwanted thoughts in OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical college student. My age is 20 and my weight is 38 kg. I have obsessive compulsive disorder for a year. Also, before a year I suffered with deep distress. I cried and scolded myself. I always remember my beautiful past life. I liked to become a doctor in my first attempt,...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent cure for my unwanted thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am keep on getting unwanted thoughts and feelings related to the environment around in the vicinity. I am getting images of god, food items, fecal matter, song lyrics, animal skin feeling sensation, etc. There are countless examples. I am getting some racing feeling while resisting my t...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause foot drop and twitches in the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female, and I developed foot drop five weeks ago, the foot was numb, and I could not dorsiflex it. But, now I can dorsiflex, and the steppage gait has disappeared unless I walk long distances. I have more power in the foot now, but it is still a lot weaker than the oth...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now