Q. I am experiencing a feeling that urges me to die. How to come out of it?

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 03, 2021

For the past two months, I am getting headaches, showing less interest in work and feeling to die. But, I did not attempt suicide as I am scary. I got married before 4 years and I was very happy with my husband. After some days, I fell in love with someone and I could not move on without him. I do not know whether he is in love with me or not and I am not in contact with him. My husband is not allowing me to talk with any of my friends, whether it is a male or female. So, I am not even using a mobile. I just want to come out of this. Please help me.

#

I am very sorry to hear about your current mental and marital problems.

• From the information that you have provided, you seem to be suffering from depressive symptoms for the past two months.
  • It could be a part of an underlying depression or an adjustment disorder due to the current stress in your life. Either way, if it is severe enough to cause you think about dying, I would say it is serious enough to consult a psychiatrist urgently.
  • In fact, I would suggest you immediately go for an in person appointment with any nearby psychiatrist rather than wasting time with online queries.
  • Also, regarding your current state of affairs, your symptoms could be triggered by your guilt of living with your husband while secretly being in love with another person. This makes it all the more essential that you get the necessary help as guilt is a very serious provoking factor in many suicides.
  • You have to talk to your friends or family or anyone you trust regarding your feelings, so that they can get you the necessary help.
  • Just remember that in 5 years, all these problems that seem so unsolvable right now, might not even be a distant thought at that time.
  • Time is the best healer, but sometimes we need to take the help of psychiatrists to make sure we can get through the bad times. Good luck to you and please take care of yourself.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|