iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOtolaryngology (E.N.T)eye injuryI have a clogged and swollen nose after a fight. Is icing enough?

My right eye is bruised and the region between my eyebrows is swollen. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Oliyath Ali

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 29, 2022
Reviewed AtJanuary 30, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I was in a fight last night and was hit on my nose and right eye. My nose is swollen and gets clogged when I lie down. My right eye is bruised. And the region between my eyebrows is swollen. Should I go to urgent care, or will icing be enough? Just been taking Tylenol 500 mg extra strength since 2 AM last night.

Answered by Dr. Oliyath Ali


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern. If your nose is getting clogged, you should visit a hospital to get your nose examined. We need to rule out septal hematoma, which is a collection of blood between the cartilage and perichondrium (covering) of the nasal septum. If it is present, it needs to be urgently drained to prevent septal abscess formation, which can lead to the collapse of the nasal septum and the dropping of the nose.

The Probable causes


Investigations to be done

1) X-ray of nasal bone. 2) Non-contrast CT scan of nose and PNS (paranasal sinus).

Differential diagnosis

Deviated nasal septum.

Probable diagnosis

Septal hematoma.

Treatment plan

Incision and drainage.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Oliyath Ali
Dr. Oliyath Ali

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

eye injuryhematomabruise

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy