Q. Why do I have a problem of loosening of my eyelids?

Dr. Anand
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Sneha Kannan
Published on Feb 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2019

I have a big problem in terms of loosening of upper and lower eyelids. Please check the attached pictures. I have been wearing rings on my fingers which have created pressure on my eyes and l believe have led to my condition. I am extremely worried as nonverbal communication is affected and I am having staring look. My confidence level goes down with this. I have shown to ophthalmologist for sight since the last six months and they have been prescribing drops such as Fusion, Systane ultra, anti-inflammatory eye drops and tablets but my condition is not improving. I have been using cold and hot compress as well and changed my diet. Please advise.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through the pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) of your eyes.

As I can see, there is nothing abnormal with your eyes. Cosmetically, there are some fat deposits around the upper and lower eyelids. This condition is not in need of treatment now. If you want to improve appearance, cosmetic surgery can be done to correct the fat deposition.

Fusion (combination of Sodium hyaluronate, Carboxymethylcellulose and Glycerin), Systane ultra, anti-inflammatory eyes drops or any other treatment will not help you in any way. Wearing rings is no way related to your eye appearance.

Is there any other nonsurgical way of sorting this out as it gives a staring appearance and harmful for nonverbal communication?

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

There is no other effective treatment available other than surgery. Generalized decrease in body weight decreases fat and that can help with your problem in eyes. Thank you.

What should a fatty liver grade 3 patient eat and drink?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with fatty liver grade 3, so my doctor told me to correlate clinically. My SGPT and SGOT levels are normal and within limits. So, the doctor, after doing a physical examination, said that there is no need of fibroscan. He told me to eat everything but exercise a l...  Read Full »

Grade 3 dislocation of ACL. Is surgery compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband dislocated his ACL. I would like to get his X-rays evaluated for a second opinion. He was diagnosed with grade III dislocation. Is surgery necessary based on the X-rays attached? What are the risks if he does not operate? How does non-operative treatment compare? How long d...  Read Full »

What is causing eye itchiness and blurry vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have a problem with my cornea. I had itchy eyes (due to hay fever) last week. During that time, I had a gritty feeling in my right eye which made me rub my eyes. It got really sore and small thread-like materials are coming out of my eye. I am scared if it is part of my corn...  Read Full »