Q. I have been diagnosed with fatty liver grade 3. What should I eat and drink?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
Published on Jul 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I have been diagnosed with fatty liver grade 3, so my doctor told me to correlate clinically. My SGPT and SGOT levels are normal and within limits. So, the doctor, after doing a physical examination, said that there is no need of fibroscan. He told me to eat everything but exercise a lot. And he asked me to take Zevit and Evion. I started walking 7.5 km and stopped taking nonvegetarian food, wheat, and rice. I only eat boiled vegetables. I am not alcoholic or diabetic, but I have hypothyroidism. What should I eat and drink?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

I can understand your concern.

• Fatty liver is a condition in which, an excess of fat deposits in the liver, due to either excess fat content in diet or abnormal fat metabolism in the liver. 
  • Reduction of fat content, not only reduces the fat level in blood but also improves fat metabolism in the liver. You should take the following precautions.
  1. Avoid fat-rich diet.
  2. Take high-protein diet.
  3. Use omega-3 fatty acid containing oil in food preparation (olive oil).
  4. Do regular exercises.
  5. Try fasting intermittently.
  • Also, I would suggest you get an ultrasound of the abdomen, and lipid profile tested periodically. 

If you have any further doubts, I would be happy to help you.

For further queries consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

What should I do to concentrate in my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student. When I sit for study, I just start feeling distractions from small noises and things. Most of the time, I go to imaginations of things I want to create and sometimes, I suddenly start daydreaming about different kinds of thoughts. Sometimes, I start to remember about pa...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The recurrent distractibility could be occurring due to anxiety and should be evaluated. Intrusive thoughts during studying result in distraction. If remembering the things related to the past and imagining things are causing distress, then...  Read Full

Is there any diet plan to reduce fat in the stomach area?

Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding fat accumulation at major fats at stomach area. Is there any method so that it could be reduced since my marriage is fixed in 15 days. Is there any diet plan?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have a very limited time then. Follow a strict regimen that should be performed regularly twice every day. Have a fat free, carbohydrate-less meal, protein-rich diet containing dal, pulses, green vegetables and fruits. Have a carrot, cucumber, every day in ...  Read Full

I have a very lean body build. I want to increase my muscle mass. Give me a diet suggestion

Query: Hello doctor, I have a very lean body build. I want to increase my muscle mass. What should I do? Shall I take any medicine or any diet suggestions? Age 23, male, weight 59kg, height - 179cm.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must take a high protein diet. And to aid better protein absorption, include acidic foods like lemon, orange, etc., in your diet. I am mentioning here a sample protein rich diet. You may modify the same as per your taste. Breakfast: 4 boiled/scrambled/...  Read Full