Q. I have been diagnosed with fatty liver grade 3. What should I eat and drink?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I have been diagnosed with fatty liver grade 3, so my doctor told me to correlate clinically. My SGPT and SGOT levels are normal and within limits. So, the doctor, after doing a physical examination, said that there is no need of fibroscan. He told me to eat everything but exercise a lot. And he asked me to take Zevit and Evion. I started walking 7.5 km and stopped taking nonvegetarian food, wheat, and rice. I only eat boiled vegetables. I am not alcoholic or diabetic, but I have hypothyroidism. What should I eat and drink?

#

I can understand your concern.

• Fatty liver is a condition in which, an excess of fat deposits in the liver, due to either excess fat content in diet or abnormal fat metabolism in the liver. 
  • Reduction of fat content, not only reduces the fat level in blood but also improves fat metabolism in the liver. You should take the following precautions.
  1. Avoid fat-rich diet.
  2. Take high-protein diet.
  3. Use omega-3 fatty acid containing oil in food preparation (olive oil).
  4. Do regular exercises.
  5. Try fasting intermittently.
  • Also, I would suggest you get an ultrasound of the abdomen, and lipid profile tested periodically. 

If you have any further doubts, I would be happy to help you.

For further queries consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|