Q. How to bring back the liver function to normal?

Dr. Albana Greca

I have non-alcoholic fatty liver grade 2, bilirubin 1.7, and creatinine is 1.2. How to reduce cholesterol and bring back to normal liver function?

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Your fasting glucose is high so that you might also have diabetes. Should treat it adequately, apart from diet and lifestyle changes. Cholesterol is fine, and if you follow the changes in diet and lifestyle regimen, cholesterol will get normalized too. Excessive sleeping and always feeling tired is due to alcoholic fatty liver damages. Should stop drinking alcohol and increase water intake. Stinging nettle supplement will help detox your liver. Keep following up with gastroenterologist regularly.

| 

How can I recover from fatty liver?

Query: Hi doctor, I had diarrhea for about 20 days. After I got recovered, my doctor advised me to do an MRI of the abdomen. These were the results shown. There was a mild signal drop noted in the liver on the T2 fat sequence suggesting a fatty infiltration. My pancreatic head and uncinate appeared norma...  Read Full »

What is Ecosprin AV 75 used for?

Query: Hi doctor, Sometimes, my father used to get chest pain. Angiography showed that he has a LAD bridging and vessels are normal and clear. His echo is normal. His BP, blood sugar and cholesterol are normal. After the chest pain, he was given the following medicines for one year. They are Stator, Is...  Read Full »

Does high cholesterol medicine have any side effects?

Query: Hi doctor, My cholesterol and triglyceride levels are elevated. But, they were the same in my previous checkup reports too. I am a bit reluctant to take medication because of the side effects. My father has both cardiac and diabetic issues. I am doing exercise regularly and my intake of sugar is als...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now