Q. I have palpitations and high BP. There is problem in my complete lipid profile. Please help.

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
Published on Feb 28, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 25, 2018

I have attached all my reports. Please let me know how Embeta-AM will help me improve my health. Will there be any side effects? The recent medications which I have used are, Maxoza from last four months, one sachet daily and Fluconazole 200 mg, two tablets in the last two weeks. Influvac vaccine, two doses for the prevention of swine flu. Since last month, tablet Atorva 20 mg in the night. Please help.

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I have gone through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There is a problem in the complete lipid profile, which is due to increased weight. So, I will advise you to go for a regular brisk walking for 1 hour every day, at least 6 days a week. Avoid diet with high sugar, carbohydrate, and high-fat diet and consult a dietician online for a well-balanced diet so that your diet contains mostly high fiber, fruits, vegetables, less fat, high proteins.

1. Tablet Embeta-AM is a combination of cardioselective beta blocker and calcium channel blocker that will reduce your blood pressure better than tablet Amlong which you were taking earlier.
  2. Take tablet Rosuvas 20 mg two times a day for 45 days and then check your complete lipid profile.
  3. I will not advise for any drug like Maxoza which is not approved and does not benefit the patient.

Please let me know why have you been using Fluconazole 200 mg. Attach the latest serum calcium, phosphorous, alkaline phosphatase, and BP charting (BP for three times a day). Have a good sleep, do yoga, meditation regularly. Avoid stress. Last but not least, you will be completely relieved from your ill health if you follow the above accordingly.

Thank you for your advice. Will there be any problem if I suddenly change from tablet Amlong to Embeta-AM. All these years even after using Amlong, the BP comes down, but the palpitation has never come down. Will this new tablet help here too? How about the two trivial problems mentioned in the second echo. Will there be any further risks for me here? How about the liver enlargement? Is this called fatty liver and are there any other disease like kidney and gallbladder stones? Please advise. Four years back, I did the same kind of health check-up and all the reports came normal. How come there is a sudden change now?

My sperm count is a little less and hence the doctor has given me Maxoza for a few months. Is there any alternative for this as you have mentioned that Maxoza is not good. I have taken an appointment with dietician online, and I will be consulting him for the diet plan. Fluconazole is for fungal infection, which I got from my wife, and I am applying an ointment also. Shall I continue this?

I have reduced my weight from 118 Kg to 97 Kg by going to the gym daily for 90 minutes in a span of 15 months. For the last few months, I had stopped going to the gym due to a new job. I was doing 40 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights, and remaining stretches. Can I go to the gym hereafter?

Normally, once I sleep, I will get up only in the morning. For the last few months, I did not have a good sleep. I will start yoga as per your advice. Please let me know which one should I practise in yoga. My wife and I are planning for a baby. Hope there will be no side effects from the above tablets. Please mention the names of the tests to be done.

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava

#

Thank you for reverting with the details.

No, there will be no obvious problem in changing to tablet Embeta-AM and this will help in controlling the palpitation also, provided you follow other things also. No, at present 2D echo report is within normal limits.

This liver enlargement is due to deposition of fat in the liver, and that is the reason I have started lifestyle modification and tablet Rosuvas also. Please recheck your sperm count and attach the report.

1. You can continue tablet Fluconazole, but attach me the prescription along with the diagnosis for that also.
  2. First go for a brisk walk for 1 hour for 2 months, as excess work out at the gym can cause palpitation and tachycardia.
  3. Have a good sleep as advised.
  4. Also do yoga and meditation regularly.
  5. Take tablet Embeta-AM 50mg twice daily for 15 days.
  6. Take tablet Rosuvas 20 mg (Rosuvastatin) twice daily for 15 days.
  7. Take tablet Zincovit (Multivitamin) once daily for 15 days.
  8. Monitor your BP regularly.
  9. Report in case of emergency.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg thre...  Read Full »

How should I control my BP in winter?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. In winter, My BP increases to around 160/105 mmHg; however, in summer, it is normal at 130/90 mmHg. I do not feel any problems yet such as headache. Now, I feel some shortness of breath. How should I control my BP in winter season? I have already started taking le...  Read Full »

Can CMV or herpes infection before or after birth affect pregnancy or child?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in 36th week of pregnancy. My last ultrasound was doppler happened at 34th week 5 days. I showed the pregnancy of 32 weeks 5 days with mild IUGR. Fetal weight 1885 grams. My gynecologist advised CBC, and Torch IgM, IgG tests. In the CBC test, total leucocyte count is 13300/cumm, ...  Read Full »