Q. Why do I have pain and pricking sensation in the left side of my abdomen?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I have had pain in the left side of my abdomen since last seven days. Sometimes, I have a pricking sensation. I have got an ultrasound report done that says I have a fatty liver. I have been on medications but it is not helping me. Please suggest something on this.

#

I have read your query in detail and understand your concern.

I have seen the report that you have shared (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Fatty liver causes stretching of liver and thus causes pain. I suggest you take the following medications. They should make you fit within a week to ten days.

1. Tablet Udiliv 300 mg (Ursodeoxycholic acid) twice daily.

2. Tablet Drotin DS (Drotaverine) one tablet thrice daily.

3. Capsule Cyra-D (Domperidone and Rabeprazole) one tablet once in the morning.

4. Tablet Lipirose-F 10 (Rosuvastatin and Fenofibrate 5 mg) at night.

However, I would like to know the medications that you are taking currently and your BMI (body mass index) and weight as well. Apart from this, I advise you to stop all the oily and junk food and stop alcohol. You can also include a regular exercise and follow a balanced and healthy diet.

Hope this was helpful. Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|