Q. From my Widal report, please explain the reason for my fever.

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 05, 2021

I have been suffering from fever for the past two days. My Widal report says S. Typhi O antigen 1:40, S. Typhi H antigen 1:40 and S. paratyphoid A. I am only taking tablets to control my temperature. Please explain the report.

#

• Depending upon your Widal test report, it is hard to pinpoint the diagnosis of fever to be of enteric origin (typhoid).
  • You need to document rising Widal titers to be sure of that diagnosis and that too after a week of fever.
  • To establish the diagnosis of typhoid fever at this stage you would need blood culture test to be sure.
  • Also, you need to consider other common diagnoses like malarial fever or any other viral fever and get the investigations done to rule those out as well.
  • Currently, you can continue Paracetamol for fever as and when required. Take care and get well soon.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|