Q. What should I do to improve the health of my 17-year-old son with frequent fever, headaches, and weakness?

Answered by
Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 20, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2022

Hello doctor,

My 17-year-old son got a fever four times during the past four months. During those periods, he was tired and experienced headaches on the backside of his head and at the place below the forehead, where eyebrows meet. In addition, he had a running nose and phlegm for over two months. When he was young, he had wheezing issues. Apart from this, he has no other health issues. His blood test was done two months back when he had a fever. The prescription and blood test reports are enclosed. From today he is taking multi-vitamin tablets. Otherwise, he eats regular food, drinks milk, and eats fruits. Please advise on how to improve his health.

Thank you.



Welcome to

I read your query and understand your concern.

I have reviewed the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). His blood reports are absolutely fine, and his condition will improve. However, I suggest you to undergo an eye examination once. The headache can also be associated with the eyes; he might need spectacles if his eyesight is weak, and then everything will be fine.

1. He can take multivitamins for one month and let him take one tablet every night before going to bed.

2. He can take Paracetamol (antipyretic and anti-inflammatory) tablets whenever the headache is severe.

(Consult a specialist doctor and take medications with their consent.)

3. Make him drink more fluids like water and juices daily.

Thank you.

Hello doctor,

Thank you for your response.

He has short-sightedness and wears high-power glasses. Right eye power is -10.50 D and left eye power is -2.5 D. We get his eyes checked every year, which has been constant for the past 14 years. Now the checkup is due, and I will get it done as early as possible. Do you suggest any dietary changes?

Thank you.



Welcome back to

I read your query and I understand your concern.

I suggest the following.

1. You can give him a high protein diet such as eggs, pulses, kidney beans, peanut butter, and cheese.

2. Make him eat fruits like papaya, pomegranate, and apple.

3. And get an eye examination done every six months.

I hope I was helpful.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. What can be done?

.. be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever d...   Read full

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

.. symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This artic...   Read full

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

.. is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options .. ...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Relation Between Enamel Hypoplasia and Dental Caries
Enamel hypoplasia is due to incomplete or defective formation in the organic matrix, which forms the first layer of the ...  Read more»
Methods to Increase Breast Milk Production
Several measures can help mothers in increasing their breast milk production. Find out the correct way to breastfeed thr...  Read more»
Ingrown Hair: How Can You Prevent and Treat It
An ingrown hair is a hair strand that grows back into the skin after a clean shave or waxing. It appears as a raised dar...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.