Q. What should I do to improve the health of my 17-year-old son with frequent fever, headaches, and weakness?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 20, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2022

My 17-year-old son got a fever four times during the past four months. During those periods, he was tired and experienced headaches on the backside of his head and at the place below the forehead, where eyebrows meet. In addition, he had a running nose and phlegm for over two months. When he was young, he had wheezing issues. Apart from this, he has no other health issues. His blood test was done two months back when he had a fever. The prescription and blood test reports are enclosed. From today he is taking multi-vitamin tablets. Otherwise, he eats regular food, drinks milk, and eats fruits. Please advise on how to improve his health.

#

Welcome to iCliniq.com.

I read your query and understand your concern.

I have reviewed the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). His blood reports are absolutely fine, and his condition will improve. However, I suggest you to undergo an eye examination once. The headache can also be associated with the eyes; he might need spectacles if his eyesight is weak, and then everything will be fine.

1. He can take multivitamins for one month and let him take one tablet every night before going to bed.

2. He can take Paracetamol (antipyretic and anti-inflammatory) tablets whenever the headache is severe.

(Consult a specialist doctor and take medications with their consent.)

3. Make him drink more fluids like water and juices daily.

Thank you for your response.

He has short-sightedness and wears high-power glasses. Right eye power is -10.50 D and left eye power is -2.5 D. We get his eyes checked every year, which has been constant for the past 14 years. Now the checkup is due, and I will get it done as early as possible. Do you suggest any dietary changes?

#

I read your query and I understand your concern.

I suggest the following.

1. You can give him a high protein diet such as eggs, pulses, kidney beans, peanut butter, and cheese.

2. Make him eat fruits like papaya, pomegranate, and apple.

3. And get an eye examination done every six months.

I hope I was helpful.

|