Q. Please suggest some medicine for flatulence, digestion problem and stomach pain in a 6 year old.

Dr. Vishal Parmar

I have a 6-year-old child. She has flatulence, digestion problem, and stomachache after eating. Today, her stool was like mucus. Please suggest some medicines. Currently she is on Neopeptine.

#

I understand your concern. Please do not give milk products for the time being. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent.

1. Syrup Rantac 5 ml (Ranitidine) twice a day for five days.

2. Econorm sachets (Saccharomyces Boulardii) 1 sachet twice a day for three days.

3. ORS (oral rehydration solution) as much as she wants.

If she develops fever, foul-smelling stool or blood in stool or tummy pain, then please consult a pediatrician as soon as possible. She may require to start antibiotics.

Food.

Stool routine SOS (if above-mentioned symptoms occur)

Early dysentery.

Give homemade food and plenty of liquid to prevent dehydration.

Where can I get these medicines?

#

You can get these medicines in the pharmacy or your doctor's clinic.

Rantac is ranitidine syrup (75 mg in 5 ml) two times a day before food for five days.

Econorn is pre and probiotics. One sachets two times a day for three days. You can ask chemist he may help you to know the generic name and simplified version.

|