Q. Is feeding breast milk enough for a 10-month-old baby who refuses to eat pureed food?

Dr. M.l. Kothari

My baby is 9 months and 14 days old. She is not eating pureed food and only needs breast milk. Is that enough for a ten-month-old baby? Her weight is 8 kg now.

#

In my opinion, you should stop feeding milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give her a semisolid diet like lentils, broken wheat, khichdi (salty porridge), rice, apple, upma (semolina porridge), halwa (sweet porridge), patolia (wheat dessert), kadi (gravy), idli (steamed rice cake), poha (flattened rice), sattu (ground pulses and cereals) custard, etc. From 8 pm to 8 am, giving mother's milk is preferable.

For the first 15 days, stop milk for four hours and give a semisolid diet. For the next 15 days, stop milk for eight hours and give a semisolid diet. Lastly, stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm, and provide a semisolid diet.

To your knowledge, 100 ml of milk gives 70 calories of energy, 100 ml of juice provides 55 calories of energy, and 100 g of semisolid diet gives 350 calories of energy.

Milk does not contain iron, and in a prolonged run, iron deficiency anemia occurs.

Mother's milk does not increase after five months, so the baby's demand is not filled, and a semisolid diet is a must.

|