Q. When I attempted to remove food particles, the gum has become swollen. What should I do?

Dr. Purva Jingar
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 05, 2021

I tried to get food out between my teeth. I feel like I have gotten my gum stuck between my teeth as I tried to get the food out. I feel pinching, and the gum is purple, swollen and bleeding. What do I do?

#

• Due to extra efforts, you have injured gum. It is inflamed, and that is why it is swollen. You can visit a dentist.
  • Do not irritate the gum with tongue or nails. Brush the teeth slowly and carefully. I suggest antibiotics like capsule Amoxicillin 200 mg for two days twice a day for preventing any infection.
  • After the pain is cured once visit a dentist for cleaning so that if there is any food particle left, he will take it out properly.
  • Maintain oral hygiene by using mouthwash and avoid hard food or chewing from the affected side.

Food lodgement.

Caries.

Chronic generalized gingivitis.

Scaling and root planning.

Maintain oral hygiene.

Revert after three days to a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|