Q. Why can I retract foreskin only during flaccid state but not when erect?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on Jul 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I am a male of 5'11" and 92 kg weight. My age is 26 years and I am on no regular medication. I cannot retract my foreskin in erect position, but can retract during flaccid state. I also ejaculate very soon and I cannot get full erection. What treatment should I take for this?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

I have read and understood your problem.

• First of all you should reduce weight. If you cannot achieve by diet control, then you will need medicine.
  • You said that you cannot retract foreskin in erect position, but can retract during flaccid state. It means that the junction fold called frenum is short.
  • It can be corrected by a small operation or you can use some cream and try to pull foreskin back holding penis in one hand and pulling back with another.
  • Do not apply force. Over few days it will be pulled back gradually.
  • You have mentioned that you ejaculate very early and cannot get full erection. It appears to be due to stress or anxiety and so do relaxation exercise.
  • However, to exclude other cause you need to do some blood tests like hemoglobin (Hb), total count (TC), differential count (DC), fasting sugar, prolactin, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and testosterone.
  • Stop smoking if you smoke. Check your blood pressure (BP). If you are taking any medicine or nutritional supplement on regular basis, then it may be due to side effect of that.
  • Another one is stop-start technique. When you feel that you are going to ejaculate stop the sexual stimulation and divert your mind, the penis will relax, after sometime start the stimulation again and repeat the procedure. Over few months you will gradually increase your ejaculation time.
  • Most often it is a chronic problem; you have to take medicine in between.
  • You can apply Lignocaine gel to head of penis 10 minutes before sex and wipe it off before starting sex.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Which one is better in my case, either preputioplasty or circumcision?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Both preputioplasty and circumcision can be decided up on the examination by surgeon.

As discussed earlier I got my circumcision along with frenuloplasty. Now my stitches are intact and they have not dissolved, I do not have any pain even during erection. Also my doctor has stitched bandage as shown in picture. My question is why stitches are not dissolving? Also is everything normal in this picture? Suggest me methods of faster recovery. My doctor said that he will remove the stitches by himself this weekend. Thank you.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Yes, everything is normal as seen in the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Bandage is there and so the stitches are there to hold the bandage, the doctor will remove it.
  • Healing will take by natural process. You cannot speed it up, though you should not delay the healing. So, follow the instructions given by your surgeon like applying any lotion, cream, etc., as advised by him.
  • You are absolutely normal as per pictures. Best of luck.

When can I have sex? How to reduce the sensitivity of glans? Does soaking in salt water help as I read on internet?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• You should wait minimum of six weeks after the date of operation for any type of activity.
  • You can soak in salt water, but it should not be too salty and should be boiled. Sensitivity will reduce gradually.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

My doctor has removed all stitches. But, still there is wound below frenulum. Is it fine? As dressing comes off in two hours I have left it open with Betadine. In how much time will it heal? And what to expect as it burns while passing urine?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

The wound is still raw, because the area is so delicate and wet. It will heal in another two weeks approximately.

Apply Betadine ointment (Povidone-iodine) and avoid friction. You can also apply dressings.

Is there anything to worry with this wound? Is it normal? Will it hinder in my sexual activity after healing?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

It is normal and no cause for worry. The site is delicate and so it takes time to heal. It will not cause any problems with sex after it heals completely.

Foreskin Is Swollen Like A Balloon After Frenuloplasty. Is This Normal?

Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I had to have a frenuloplasty. I had to have a general anaesthetic. I woke up and never got any advice off the urologist because I never saw him after the procedure. The nurse who discharged me told me to take off the dressing in the morning and wash the wound and the foreskin tw...  Read Full »

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Ask a Sexologist Now