Q. What causes severe burning sensation in head with forgetfulness?

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

My mom is always complaining of a severe burning sensation in her head. She is 67 years old. She has some problems detected by MRI with a white matter like minute clogs. She started forgetting short term events. She is on medicine but the burning never goes away. Do you have a solution? Thank you.

#

What medications she is on currently? Do you have the MRI report so I could have a look at it? Based on the MRI, we can treat her. Does she have any cardiac issues? Has she tried Clonotril?

| 

I have attached the fine for you. The medicines are as follows. Ebixa 10 mg, Remeron 30 mg, Neurontin 300 mg and Trent 400 mg. There is no cardiac issue. She did not try Clonotril. What is Clonotril?

#

Hi.

Burning over the head is a vague complaint without a specific brain problem and if not disabling then nothing to worry. For her memory loss, I think we have to find out what kind of memory loss she has. Whether she is forgetting recent events or whether she is making mistakes in her day to day activities which indicates reduced attention? Depending upon the type of dementia the treatment will change.

For her tiny ischemic changes, She can be started on tablet Ecosprin 75 mg daily one in the afternoon (if no bleeding risk) along with tablet Atorvastatin 20 mg one tab every night. We have to address her major issue at present which is memory loss as told by you. If she has sleep disturbances she can be started on tablet Clonotril (Clonazepam) 0.5 mg at night.

| 

My doctor said my coronary artery looks fine in my MRI. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 50 years old and had a cardiac MRI dark blood, bright cone blood, and delayed enhancement images with contrast gadoterate. My doctor tells me this is a great test to rule out coronary artery disease. Only thing is it want stress MRI. He stated the coronary looked good and would pre...  Read Full »

How can I manage nervousness and forgetfulness?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having a problem. I get nervous so fast and think a lot and worried all the time and I cannot remember things. I am also having fear of talking to people and I am losing weight and sometimes I cannot breathe. And also have (irritable bowel syndrome). I cannot live a happy life.  Read Full »

Can alcohol consumption result in drowsiness, confusion, and anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe brain fog, confusion, and forgetfulness for the last two months. Almost to the point where I thought I might have had a stroke, Alzheimer's, or liver failure. I now believe that it may be down to the fact that I drink about 10 pints of beer once per week...  Read Full »