Q. I have extreme exhaustion with forgetfulness. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 26, 2020

Hello, I’m a 23 y/o female and for the the past few months I’ve been overcome with extreme exhaustion, small tasks wear me out. This has been accompanied by slight dizziness and getting SOB easily on exertion. This tiredness started last year and it is also associated with my eyes feeling tired and slightly dry, along with burning sensation in my feet. I attributed this to be due to exam stress and I didn't think much of it. Since, then the burning sensation has gotten better but the exhaustion has gotten worse, small tasks get me so fatigued and my mind feels cloudy. I am having trouble in concenterating and I gotten more forgetful and extremely absent minded.

I was so concerned about the fatigue and carried out a FBC, thyroid and vitamin D level test. The tests for Vitamin D and thyroid were within the normal ranges. Something odd in my FBC was that my MCH and MCHC was low, but my hematocrit and hemoglobin was normal, albeit just meeting the cut-off for ‘normal’. What does this mean, would I be considered anemic or not?


hi thnx for the query.

I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from exhaustion,fatigue,dizziness,shortness of breath,loss of concentration,forgetfulness and absent mindedness. I have gone through ur investigation result and found that ur MCH and MCHC r slightly low than normal.

I think,u r suffering from the clinical features that may not result from slightly low MCH and MCHC. I think ur such type clinical symptoms may result from Anxiety disorders. u can get good result by taking anxiolytic medications like SSRI,Alprazolam or Clonazepam. u can also get benefits by doing aerobic exercises like biking,jogging etc,Psychotherapy or Relaxation techniques. in case of any other query ask me.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

My anxiety disorder relapsed after I drank beer. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have anxiety and panic since five years. My GP had given Nexito forte and Veniz XR 37.5. And, I felt better and asked him to reduce the dosage two years ago. He stopped both and gave Nextio plus from then till date. I felt better. I did not smoke or drink while on treatment. 10 days ...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to overcome my physical and mental exhaustion.

Query: Hello doctor, I was a healthy, mentally sharp and energized person before. But, for the past 12 years, my brain and body get tired very easily. I am having mental and physical exhaustion and the condition is gradually worsening. I feel drowsy after studying for some time. With this problem, my stud...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Practitioner Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.