Q. I pee frequently,my stool is green in colour and pubic area is also itching. Please help.

Dr. Aamir Mohd
Published on Nov 24, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am an 18 year old girl. Sometimes, I pee frequently in a day but do not feel any pain or burning sensation. Besides this, my stool is light green in colour. I feel scared when I see the colour of the stool everytime in the toilet bowl. My pubic area is also itching sometimes. Currently, I am taking oxytrol. Other symptoms that I have are dry skin and dry lips. Please help.

Dr. Aamir Mohd

#

If you can answer my questions I can help you better:

• Did you get diarrhea also? If yes, since how many days do you have?
  • Did you get any fever or any rash on your body?
  • Are you sexually active?
  • Are you taking any iron supplements?
  • Did you have food outside in a restaurant and you started having green stools after that?

I would advise you to do a Complete Blood Count test (CBC). Drink plenty of water and apple juice. Eat light food.

Revert back to me with the said details, I will guide you further.

It has only been 3 times since last week that experienced green stools. But it is not totally green, a part of it is brown in colour. However, I do not get diarrhea. I do not get fever or rash on my body, just dry and itchy skin. I have never been involved in any sex before. To be specific, I am still a virgin. I do not take any iron supplements, I only use oxytrol patch. I have done both urine and blood test and both of them turned to be fine. I do not pee frequently everytime. It only occurs sometimes in a day. Usually, I pee frequently in the evening, not at night or morning. It has been happening since 3 months. However, when I am being active, for example going out for shopping I do not feel like peeing. Whenever I experience peeing frequently, I feel cold at my feet and hands. Regarding the green stools, I have never experienced it before. I have just started to eat vegetables but not in a big amount. Before I started consuming vegetables, I always had constipation and sometimes bleeding. But since last 3 months, since I eat vegetables, I have no longer problems with constipation and bleeding. But since last week I experience green stools even though I do not consume too much vegetables. Actually, it has also been two weeks since I started to consume food in small amounts. I am quite chubby but not overweight. So, that is why I do not eat too much. I skip my lunch and breakfast and only eat a little for dinner. Is it fine? I have never been involved in sex and still a virgin. But sometimes my pubic area is itchy. It usually happens after my menstrual cycle. My menstrual cycle is normal though. To be honest, I am not feeling excited nowadays and these problems keep distracting me when I attend classes and hang out with friends. From your opinion, are these serious problems or only usual health problems? Thanks for your concern by the way. Please help me with my health problems. Thank you.

Dr. Aamir Mohd

#

Hello again and welcome to icliniq.com.

Thanks for reverting back to me and providing a very detailed history.

• You should not skip any meal especially breakfast.
  • Breakfast is the most important meal to start a day and also it helps in good functioning of our mind and body.
  • It is a myth that by skipping breakfast or a meal, we can reduce weight.
  • Medically it is not advisable to skip any meal.
  • Even in my clinical practice, I advice my patients not to skip any meal.
  • You should eat a balanced diet, eat in small portions but please do not skip breakfast.
  • I have seen people gaining weight by skipping breakfast.
  • Regarding green stools, do not worry, just reduce the intake of too much of green leafy vegetables.
  • Regarding itching in the pubic area, it happens to some girls after menses. It is quite normal.
  • These are not serious problems, just relax and keep your mind free from these concerns.
  • I would want you to do a Complete Blood Count test (CBC), so that I can be 100 percent sure.
  • Drink a lot of fluids and eat fresh fruits.

Revert back with the CBC (Complete Blood Count test) to a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

What should I do for severe vaginal itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old married woman. I have severe itching in my vagina. What should I do ? Or why is it happening?  Read Full »

What do you suggest for vaginal itching in a 3 year old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for vaginal itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old now. I had non-penetrative sex with two boys of my age separately when I was 9 years old. Now, I am having vaginal itching for the past one week. What is the reason?  Read Full »