Q. How to gain weight?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?

#

• You can definitely gain weight. If you think you are not getting 100% of what you are eating, it could be probably due to worm infestation in intestine. For that you can take tablet Ivoral Forte (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) once after dinner.
  • To gain weight you should not just rely on multivitamin tablets and protein powder. I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out complete blood count, chest x-ray, thyroid hormone profile and liver function tests.
  • In order to gain weight, I would suggest you to take diet rich in proteins as well as carbohydrates.
  • Choose high calorific foods like milk shakes, fruits like banana, pineapple, sapodilla, pear and dry fruits.
  • Add more protein like peanut, soy bean, pulses and meat (if non-vegetarian) in your diet.
  • Egg and milk are wholesome food. Take them daily. Warm milk before going to bed brings in a healthy and considerable weight gain.
  • Start with smaller proportions initially and gradually increase the intake. Eat five to six small balanced meals per day rather than eating three large meals.
  • Protein powder and nutritional supplement drinks can be added. It is important to have a balance between exercise and diet for a healthy weight gain.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|