High Calorie Food

Why do I not put on weight even after using appetizers?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 23. But, I weigh only 37 kg for 158 cm height. My parents consulted different medical practitioners, but nothing worked out. Appetizers did not work too. I do not have strong immunity. I get fever often. No one in my family is lean other than me. They all have normal weight. ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a height of 158 cm, your ideal weight should be between 56 to 60 kg. You can definitely gain weight. First of all, I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out complete blood count, chest x-ray, thyroid hormone profile, liver function tests and...  Read Full »

Why do I have weight loss, memory problems, and body pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. My issues are weight loss, memory loss and body pain. I had medication for depression before two years. My vitamin D3 level is 34. Currently I am taking Ashwagandhadi, Liv-on and Amlapitta.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D3 levels should be between 20 to 50 ng/mL. A level of 34 ng/mL vitamin D is normal and is ruling out vitamin D deficiency. If the weight loss is of short duration, it may be due to thyroiditis or some acute infection. If the weight loss is of longer duration, i...  Read Full »

Please suggest a lactose-free diet for weight gain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male, who is 5.9 feet tall and weighs 55 kg. I take vegetables, egg, fish but not meat. I am lactose intolerant for the past three years. If I take any milk products, it causes gastritis instantly, and I have to take an antacid. I cannot take whey protein because of thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned that you are suffering from lactose intolerance, which means a decreased ability to digest milk sugar that is, lactose. You need not worry because you can have soy products like soy milk, tofu, and soy yogurt. Do not take whey protein or any other pr...  Read Full »

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing you have to focus on your daily diet and not only supplements. So make a high-calorie food. Eat more cereals 300 gm mainly plain rice, brown rice or bread, oatmeals, maize, Nutrela, and all whole grains. Add all good quality proteins like organic, dairy...  Read Full »

How to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely gain weight. If you think you are not getting 100% of what you are eating, it could be probably due to worm infestation in intestine. For that you can take tablet Ivoral Forte (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) once after dinner. To gain weight...  Read Full »

Will eating 12 eggs in a day cause any health issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I ate 12 eggs today. Will this cause any health issues?  Read Full »

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Proteins in eggs are of most superior quality and now the cholesterol (in the yolk) is also not considered as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. But eating 12 large boiled eggs (about 600 grams) will provide you more than 900 calories. Since already you have a hi...  Read Full »

Is heart attack genetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. My father who is 65 years old has suffered from two very severe heart attacks, one recently and another two years back. His father and brother both died in their 50s from heart attacks. Is heart attack genetic? Should my son and I get tested?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, heart attack has a genetic component coupled with environmental elements like lifestyle, etc. Your chance of acquiring it depends on both of your parents. Likewise, your son acquiring it depends on you and your husband. But you are at an increased risk, so you...  Read Full »

Will peanuts and cashews cause excessive fat deposition?

Query: Hi doctor, With intake of 10 to 12 peanuts or 5 to 6 cashews daily, we get sufficient amount of energy, but does excessive fat also get consumed in our body? Are they saturated or unsaturated? I would like to know some common fibrous foods.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, having peanuts and cashews does give a good amount of energy to the body, but should be taken in a limited amount. 8 to 10 number of peanuts and 5 to 6 number of cashews are good for every day use. Cashews or soaked almonds are the betterchoicesas of when soaked in ...  Read Full »

Hemorrhoids are affecting my mood very badly. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an eating disorder before 16 years. It stressed my health very severely for around 5 years. Now, I am 35 years old. Also, I suffer from hemorrhoids, which affect my mood very severely. I have social impairments as my emotions are no longer clean. This is really an important issue f...  Read Full »

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For hemorrhoids, Tronolane (Pramoxine) is the best, if are external already. But, if are internal hemorrhoids, then need to follow another way of treatment. Losing weight is normal in your case, because you are losing red blood cells by the hemorrhoids. To my best knowled...  Read Full »

Please help me in improving my body weight.

Query: Hi doctor,I am 26 years old. My weight has been ranging between 54 kg and 55 kg for the last four years. My height is 5'8". I am taking good food, but have lean body. What I should do? Please help me to improve my body weight. I started doing masturbation by the age of 13. I used to ejaculate for at...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I think you might be having some hormonal issue, which is the reason for your lean muscular body. So, we need to check the hormonal imbalance you are having now. For that I recommend the following tests. FBS (fasting blood sugar). PPBS (postprandial blood sugar). TS...  Read Full »