Q. I want to gain weight very fast. Please suggest a medicine.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar
Published on Jul 07, 2018

My age is 28, height is 176.78 cm and my weight is only 56 kg. I do not have any type of disease. I want to gain weight very fast. In five to six months up to 10 kg. Please suggest me a medicine, syrup, or protein supplement.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

#

Looking at your BMI it is slightly below normal.

You must better see a gastroenterologist and get some basic tests done which is quite possibly a diagnosis even if you do not have any other symptoms. Thyroid profile, CBC, anti-Tg antibodies are some test you should get done.

If all the reports come out to be normal then I would advise you to take tablet Longifene DS (Buclizine) 1 HS which has some role in improving appetite. Test increase your calorie intake.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Is Emeset-4 safe to take during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 15 weeks pregnant, and I take Emeset-4 daily to control vomiting and nausea. I am having Emeset-4 from almost a month, but my doctor told me to take it less often. I tried stopping it, but my vomiting started again. What to do? I tried taking Doxinate-G, but it does not work. Plea...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not advisable to take Emeset-4 (Ondansetron) during pregnancy so frequently. 6 to 7 large quantity vomits per day is considered normal, also small quantity 10 to 15 vomits per day is also normal. No treatment is required in either case. These are pregnancy-i...  Read Full

I am having sudden nausea in 29th week of pregnancy. How can I feel better?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 weeks pregnant. From the last two days, I am not feeling good. There is sudden nausea. The baby movement is fine but I am not able to eat anything because of nausea and frequent urination. Burning feet is also there accompanied by gas and constipation.  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vomiting is more usual in the first trimester. In the second and third trimester, it is less usual and can be due to a urine infection. Have urinalysis and urine culture. If it comes positive for infection, you need antibiotics. Have a strict check on thyroid as we...  Read Full