Q. Why am I so lean even after eating healthy foods?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 22 year old male weighing 45 kg and my height is 5'5". My concern is why I am so lean despite of eating healthy foods. Please help. Thank you.

#

Thanks for using this platform.

• First of all I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out blood test that is preventing you from gaining weight.
  • Choose high calorie foods like:
  1. Milk shakes, fruits like banana, pineapple, sapodilla, pear and dry fruits.
  2. Add more protein like peanut, soybean, pulses and meat (if non-vegetarian) in your diet.
  3. Egg and milk are wholesome food. Take them daily.
  4. Warm milk before going to bed brings in a healthy and considerable weight gain. Start with smaller proportions initially and gradually increase the intake.
  5. Eat five to six small balanced meals per day rather than eating three large meals.
  6. Protein powder and nutritional supplement drinks can be added.
  • It is important to have a balance between exercise and diet for a healthy weight gain.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|