Q. I have teeth gaps. Can they be closed by using braces?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have teeth gaps and I want to know whether by using the braces, these gaps can be filled or not. And also I want to know how much time will it take to fill the gaps. Gaps are at:

1. Upper front teeth.
  2. Lower front teeth.

Do you have a question on Gap In Front Teeth or Orthodontic Treatment?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

BDS., JR ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY
Dentistry

I had gone through your question I can understand your concern about your spacing.

Yes, the gaps or space can be treated with braces (orthodontic appliances). It will take you at least a year. You have upper midline diastema (gap between two upper front teeth), it takes time and may need a retainer after braces are removed for next six months. You need to consult an orthodontist for fixed orthodontic treatment.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Does one need treatment for gap in front teeth?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a gap in front teeth may be it is diastema. Teeth are not fully separated apart starting from gum line like typical diastema. They have only slight gap below the gum line, may be less than an mm. I want to know:Whether this gap between the teeth require any kind of treatment othe...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment is required for an esthetic purpose only. Radiographs look fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity) to me. Along the years, the gap might increase due to a shift of the two teeth leading to an increase in the gap. There is no exercise to clos...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for midline space between upper front teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, My upper and lower jaw teeth are misaligned. There is 8mm of midline space in the upper front teeth. What will be the probable treatment for this?  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had mentioned your age. For an exact diagnosis and treatment plan, attach a more detailed history and an intraoral picture of your mouth. If you have 8mm of midline diastema (space between the teeth), you usually require orthodontic ...  Read Full »

I need a second opinion about my orthodontic treatment.
Query: Hi doctor, I am currently having Damon braces for almost a year. I have attached a picture. What do you think about my teeth position, especially, my canine? I think it looks weird. What should be done by my dentist to make it look right?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Damon braces are a self-ligating system of dental braces and it implicates light forces over the teeth and lets the tooth movement occur in a short time and needs fewer adjustments. The image that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), does ...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now