Q. I have nausea and belly gurgling if I do not eat for a couple of hours. What is the cause?

Dr. Sushant

I recently had a fasting blood sugar test which was 6.4 Mmol Because I have been experiencing nausea after a couple of hours of not eating now then did a Three month blood sugar test which they said was normal I don’t know exactly what the results were however I am still experiencing nausea and My belly gurgling and trapped wind. What is causing this and due to coronavirus I can’t get an appointment in the doctors.

Dr. Sushant

Diabetology Family Physician
#

It appears you have symptoms of gastritis as fasting increases nausea. I would like to know any pre-existing medical conditions that you may have. Also would like to know about any medications that you are taking.

Reflux

Liver function test
Thyroid function test

Gastritis

Avoid being empty stomach for prolonged periods.
Have small frequent meals.
Drink adequate fluids/water.
Have 7-8 hours of sleep daily
If these measures do not provide significant help, an upper Gastrointestinal endoscopy may be needed.

Avoid late night snacking

| 

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »

I have nausea and vomiting every day because of acidity. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem of acidity. It feels like a condition when a woman is going through morning sickness. I am 21 and single, but every morning I feel nausea and cannot eat anything until I throw up. Any slight stress, excitement, or sadness increases acidity that I am not able to eat anyt...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now