Q. Please advise medication for fever, body pain, and burning eyes in diabetic.

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 14, 2020

I am having slight fever at evening time, severe body pain, eye burn, restless feeling, head feels heavy and heavy stomach. I am a diabetic on Glyree MV 2, Jardiance 25, and Rozavel. Please advice suitable medicine.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

It is probably a viral infection along with gastritis. I assume there is no burning while urinating, this is to rule out urinary tract infection. At this moment, you just have tablet Dolo 650 mg whenever needed up to three times a day. Also, if it does not respond in two days, then you should start on capsule Augmentin duo 1 gm (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) two times a day for five days and also better to get complete hemogram and urine routine examination done.

You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. You should get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Pantoprazole) or Esomeprazole and Domperidone combination before breakfast once a day for a week. For immediate stomach heaviness relief, you can have antispasmodic like tablet Dicyclomine 20 or Hyoscyamine 10 mg whenever needed up to three times a day.

| 

Dicyclomine 20 is not available. Is there any replacement for that?

#

Take tablet Buscopan 10 mg (Hyoscine butyl bromide).

| 

The same continues, after taking medicine I feel better for two to three hours. Again, it remains the same with eye burning, body pain, heavy head, and feels feverish.

#

You should measure the temperature and make a fever chart, to know whether this is a fever or just a feeling.

Secondly, you should get prescribed some antibiotics Augmentin duo for five days and Pan DSR or Esomeprazole Domperidone combination for two weeks, which I mentioned earlier. If this feeling persists, it is better to get a blood test done like complete hemogram, liver and renal function test and urine routine.

Due to have any stress or sleep problems like not having adequate sleep, frequent awakenings, snoring, any visual problems, etc?

| 

Augmentin duo is not available here. So is there any replacement? I measured my temperature and it is 97.8. I am having burning sensation in eyes and wrestler's feeling, and frequent awakening. I am attaching my last blood reports.

#

Since your body temperature is normal and assuming it never gone up, I think all your problems are probably due to improper sleep. Lack of proper sleep can cause all these symptoms as well. I assume you are not obese, do not have any snoring to rule out obstructive sleep apnea. You should have tab Zolfresh (Zolpidem) 5 mg at bedtime or 10 mg if 5 mg is not helping.

Also, practice sleep hygiene like sleep as long as necessary to feel rested (usually seven to eight hours for adults) and then get out of bed.

Maintain a regular sleep schedule, particularly a regular wake-up time in the morning.

Try not to force sleep.

Avoid caffeinated beverages after lunch especially during evening hours.

Avoid alcohol near bedtime (eg: late afternoon and evening).

Avoid smoking or other nicotine intake, particularly during the evening.

Adjust the bedroom environment as needed to decrease stimuli (eg: reduce ambient light, turn off the television or radio).

Avoid prolonged use of light-emitting screens (laptops, tablets, smartphones, ebooks) before bedtime.

Resolve concerns or worries before bedtime.

Exercise regularly for at least 20 minutes, preferably more than four to five hours prior to bedtime.

Avoid daytime naps, especially if they are longer than 20 to 30 minutes or occur late in the day.

Instead of Augmentin duo, you can have simple Augmentin 625 mg thrice a day or any trade name with Amoxicillin clavulanate combination for five days.

Your reports are not attached, you need to upload them again or contact helpline.

| 

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

Can erythematous gastritis progress to stomach cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, Four months back, I had issues of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement. My DP did an endoscopy and found out the I had erythematous gastritis. He had prescribed medicine for one month. The issue of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement issue got resolved. But now and then ...  Read Full »