Q. What do symptoms such as sharp pain in the left chest area, indigestion, heartburn, and difficulty falling asleep indicate?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2022 and last reviewed on: Nov 17, 2022

I am a 21-year-old male, weighing 230 lbs, with a height of 5 feet 7 inches.

I have been having complaints of warmness and soreness in the left chest area and under the left arm, twitching all over the body, occasional sharp pain in the left chest, indigestion, heartburn feeling, has not been able to sleep through the night, tenderness on the left side of the sternum

I have a family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. In addition, my maternal grandmother died due to sudden cardiac arrest two weeks ago.

I was previously diagnosed with esophageal or intestinal spasms.

My EKG reports were normal.

#

I understand your concern.

Please attach the reports to guide you appropriately. For how long are you having this problem? What medicines are you taking currently? What are your current blood pressure and blood sugar values?

I suggest the following:

1. Drink plenty of fluids.
  2. Take tablet Omeprazole with Domperidone combination on an empty stomach in the morning unless otherwise contraindicated.
  3. Tablet Neurobion forte once daily after a meal unless otherwise contraindicated.
  4. Rule out Calcium and vitamin D3 deficiency and treat them accordingly.
  5. Get physically examined and investigated to rule out any other problems and treat them accordingly.
  6. Avoid stress, strain, and exertion.
  7. Practice deep breathing.
  8. Try a change in atmosphere.
  9. For details on diet modifications, please follow up.
  10. Visit a counselor to help you bring out the stress of family loss.

|