Q. Why do I vomit in morning hours with exposure to the wind?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

Hello doctor,

I am a 21 year old unmarried male weighing 86 kg. From the past 15 months, whenever I go out in the morning from around 4 AM to 9 AM, and especially when the wind touches my face I start vomiting. After 9 AM, I do not have any such problem on going out. I do not have any other medical problem. Please help.

#

• You are most likely experiencing the symptom due to a disturbed gastrointestinal flora, which may cause symptoms of bloating, belching, vomiting, constipation, etc.
  • I would suggest you try the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  1. Capsule Pan DSR (Domperidone 30 mg + Pantoprazole 40 mg) on the empty stomach in the morning for seven days.
  2. Capsule Vizylac (probiotic) once daily.
  3. Drink a lot of fluids and electrolyte to replenish the sodium and potassium lost due to vomiting.
  4. Try taking Ispaghula husk twice daily. Eat a fiber-rich diet of fruits, vegetables, yogurt and avoid eating spicy and fried food.
  • Our gut environment consists of microorganisms called the gastrointestinal flora, and they are responsible for proper digestion of food. This flora gets depleted by toxins released by bacteria or due to many other factors.
  • Try all the above things for four weeks and let me know how you feel.

Revert after four weeks to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|