Q. I have two bumps on the penis. Is this a kind of a callus?

Dr. Zubayeralam
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

My wife and I had sex one night and masturbation. The next day morning, I woke up with two bumps. Everything was fine, but I feel weird only on seeing these two bumps on the penis. Is this a kind of a callus? It is painless but has been there for about a month.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Thanks for the query.

I can understand your concern.

According to your statement, you have been suffering from bumps on the penis like a callus.

According to the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided here, I think you may be suffering from genital warts. They are bumps or fleshy growths caused by the human papillomavirus and spread by sexually transmitted infections. Antiviral creams can be used for this type of bump. In case of any other query, ask me.

| 

Thank you so much for your reply.

Can you suggest what medicine I need to use?

Dr. Zubayeralam

#

Thanks for joining again.

Well, if your warts are not causing any discomfort or complications, you do not need treatment. You can apply the medications as follows:

1. Aldara (Imiquimod) or Zyclara (Imiquimod) 5% cream applied three times per week for 16 weeks.

2. Condylox Gel (Podofilox) times daily for three days, then discontinue for four days; in this way, you can repeat for a maximum of four treatment cycles up to fully cured.

3. Veregen (Sinecatechins) 15% Ointment applies twice daily, not more than 16 weeks.

You can apply any of them for genital warts. I hope the above mentioned topical medication will help you to get rid of genital warts.

In case any other query knocks me, and I will try to reply to you further.

|