Q. My father had a chest pain. But, his ECG was normal. What could it be?

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

This is regarding my father. On the first of this month, he got an ECG,  which was normal. On the third, he had a little pain in his chest and his left hand. On the fourth, he got an ECG done again, which showed abnormalities in the Q waves. He was recommended a 2D echo and TMT. Both came back normal. On the seventh, we got an ECG done again, which showed normal results. What should we conclude?

#

• Q wave abnormalities to a certain extent in certain leads are inconclusive. If the overall TMT,  cardiac echo, and ECG are normal, there is no need to worry. Be on a follow-up with ur cardiologist.
  • Take Pantop DSR (a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone), once daily before breakfast for three weeks. Sometimes, a chest pain may be due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) as well.
  • Avoid spicy, fried, and hot foods. Do not rest immediately after meals. You can get an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done to confirm the diagnosis.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|