Q. My 8th week ultrasound shows irregular gestational sac. Please explain my condition.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

My 8 weeks ultrasound showed an irregular gestational sack. It is mostly round but sort of pointed in one location. What does this mean?

Fetal pole 158, measuring 8 weeks and 1 day gestational age. Please explain.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If fetal cardiac activity is present and pregnancy is 8 weeks on ultrasound. If you do not have any pain or bleeding per vaginal than there is more chance that with medicines pregnancy has more chance for growth.

Irregular gestational sac sometimes can be due to uterine contraction which can be present throughout pregnancy. If this is the case then there is more chance that pregnancy is good and there is more chance for growth. One more reason of irregular sac is also a sign of early abortion.

But we can do only these things. Do take complete bed rest. Do minimum activity. Take small frequent meals. Take micronized Progesterone for 2 to 4 times a day 200 mg, Folic acid tablet, and Thiamine or multivitamin tablet.

All these will be helpful for growing pregnancy. And repeat ultrasound after 10 to 15 days. Do drink more water.

| 

There is no yolk sac and fetal pole in gestational sac. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am six weeks and six days pregnant. My urine test is positive and beta hCG is also increasing but I am very upset about my ultrasound report. There is gestational sac in my uterus but from last week there is no yolk sac and fetal pole. I have a dark brownish discharge from six days wit...  Read Full »

Preeclampsia - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment

Article Overview: A sudden rise in blood pressure in pregnant women is preeclampsia. Learn about the conditions that cause high BP during pregnancy, symptoms, risk factors, and treatment of preeclampsia. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What Is Preeclampsia? Preeclampsia is a condition seen in pregnant women, where the blood pressure becomes high and organs like kidneys and liver show signs of damage. These signs include protein in the urine and low platelets. It usually begins after 20 weeks of pregnancy, even if the mother&rsquo...  Read Article

I got positive in my blood and urine pregnancy tests, but there is no sac in the scan. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My last period was before a month, and it has been nine days I missed my period. I got positive in my blood and urine test. My beta hCG on last month was 675, and yesterday it was 3300. I almost completed 10 days after the missed period. Yesterday I went for scan my doctor told no sac...  Read Full »