Fetal Ultrasound

Please suggest an opinion on my pregnancy ultrasound scan.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. My ultrasound scan shows that I am 29 weeks pregnant with single transverse placental localizations is posterior, lower segment and complete, Previa liquor is moderate, fetal heart beat and movement is present. Approximate fetal weight is 1300 gm, BPD is 7.48 cm, F....  Read Full »

Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pregnancy is absolutely going fine till date. But let me tell you one thing that it is a high-risk pregnancy because of the placental localization, which is called Placenta Previa. So you have to be very much cautious during this pregnancy. Do not do heavy stren...  Read Full »

My OBG advised me to have a 2D echo as the fetal heart size is 64% instead of 50%. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 8 months pregnant. My obstetrician did an ultrasound, and according to her, my unborn child's heart size is at 64% when it should be less 50%. She advised me to have a 2D echo done, and I have not received the result yet. Is my child in danger?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. Fetal echocardiography is not 100 percent reliable, so cardiac defects cannot be solely decided on imaging. Comprehensive patient history, other illnesses, medicines taken during pregnancy, and family history are important. If the fetus is normal...  Read Full »

I am 37 weeks pregnant and my scan says head is not fixed. Is there any chances of normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 weeks pregnant now. Today doctor told me to get admitted everything is fine as per scanning only head is not fixed. Are there any chances of normal delivery?  Read Full »

Dr. Arohi Anil Tasgaonkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any other reason why your doctor wants you to get admitted. If everything is normal with you and your baby, then we can safely wait till 40 weeks of pregnancy before taking a call for labor. There multiple factors like, 1. Whether the head of the baby has ...  Read Full »

Why is there no yolk sac but decidual reaction is good in USS?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 9 weeks pregnant as per my last period date. But in USS, it is showing only six weeks and six days old sac. No yolk sac found, but the decidual reaction is good. My periods were irregular. As the yolk sac is not developed, my doctor advised for abortion. Is there any hope in my case...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If someone is having irregular periods then calculating the duration of pregnancy from the last date of the menstrual period is not correct. If ultrasound is showing six weeks then probably that is your right. Duration of pregnancy. I would suggest you repeat scan af...  Read Full »

Is it risky to have placenta in posterior position?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 11 weeks 2 days pregnant and as per my US report placenta is posterior, low lying, just covering the OS. Retroplacental area is clear and placental maturity is grade 0. I previously had two C-section birth. Is there any chance of shifting the placenta upper or do I have any risk due...  Read Full »

Dr. Digvijay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the first-trimester scan. It is good that it is posterior placenta with previous two C-section. If it is anterior, then it is difficult to travel upward. Higher chances of an adherent placenta in the anterior placenta. You need serial monitoring by ultrasonography...  Read Full »

Ultrasound scan showed dilated cerebral ventricle in 37 weeks fetus. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done four ultrasound scan of my 37 weeks baby showing the impression of the fetal left lateral cerebral ventricle is significantly dilated (approximately 27 mm) with the irregularity of the wall. Left choroid plexus is enlarged and filled with a hypoechoic central part. Corpus cal...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these suggest that there is a problem on the left side of the baby's brain. To ascertain the cause and extent of the problem, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain is definitely required. Based on the MRI, further investigations can be planned. At this point, it is...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for bilateral moderate fetal hydronephrosis after delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is about my 19 weeks pregnant sister-in-law. She had a USG today and found bilateral moderate fetal hydronephrosis. Her gynecologist told her that the kid will require surgery after delivery. Can you please check the report and explain the situation? Is surgery required? If...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not life threatning. It has to be serially monitored every 15 days. Any intervention is usually successful after birth only and exact nature of urine obstruction also becomes clear after birth only. For more information consult a nephrologist online --> h...  Read Full »