Q. I have headache and increased heart rate with increased GGT and ALT. What is my problem?

Dr. Abdul Rub

I am a 36-year-old male. I had my checkup and GGT was 51 and ALT was 67 all others were within limits. Now I have a problem of headache, fast heartbeat only when trying to sleep, also feel like my left chest has a lot of gas. Why I am especially worried is I vomited and I highly suspect blood in it and also feels shortness of breath. I am taking 2.5 mg Cilazapril.

#

As per the liver function test (LFT) of your blood, you have a mild increase in GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase) and ALT (alanine aminotransferase). GGT suggests there is a possibility of mild damage to the liver and biliary system especially due to alcohol. We need to have full liver function reports so we can compare your AST (aspartate aminotransferase) and ALT ratio.

Blood or dark brown colored vomitus is always abnormal you need to find the cause. If you are taking alcohol drinks please try to minimize. Pain in the chest with blood in the vomitus can be of a reason for stomach or esophageal pathology also. So please get checked and followup with reports. Please do CBC (complete blood count), LFT, coagulation profile and bleeding time.

|