Q. I have headache and increased heart rate with increased GGT and ALT. What is my problem?

Dr. Abdul Rub

I am a 36-year-old male. I had my checkup and GGT was 51 and ALT was 67 all others were within limits. Now I have a problem of headache, fast heartbeat only when trying to sleep, also feel like my left chest has a lot of gas. Why I am especially worried is I vomited and I highly suspect blood in it and also feels shortness of breath. I am taking 2.5 mg Cilazapril.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Abdul Rub

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

As per the liver function test (LFT) of your blood, you have a mild increase in GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase) and ALT (alanine aminotransferase). GGT suggests there is a possibility of mild damage to the liver and biliary system especially due to alcohol. We need to have full liver function reports so we can compare your AST (aspartate aminotransferase) and ALT ratio.

Blood or dark brown colored vomitus is always abnormal you need to find the cause. If you are taking alcohol drinks please try to minimize. Pain in the chest with blood in the vomitus can be of a reason for stomach or esophageal pathology also. So please get checked and followup with reports. Please do CBC (complete blood count), LFT, coagulation profile and bleeding time.

| 

My blood smear shows mild anisopoikilocytosis. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 39 years old. I got a master health checkup done last week. In the blood report, RBC smear shows mild anisopoikilocytosis with normochromic red cells mixed with microcytic, hypochromic red cells, and no hemoparasites. I am attaching my test report. What is the treatment for this?  Read Full »

Is shortness of breath and chest pain associated with anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female on Prednisone 40 mg and Vitamin C 2.5 g since the past five days. I have just woken up feeling short of breath and chest pain. I checked my blood pressure, and it was 120/80 mmHg and my heart rate was in 50s. My blood pressure will be usually 110/65 mmHg, and my heart rate i...  Read Full »

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article

Ask a Family Physician Now