Q. I think I have a wound in my urethra. Kindly advice.

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I have some problem in my penis. I have attached the photos for your reference. It is round always remain dark purple and the tip remains red. It is like this since many years. Sometimes, I can feel some irritation. Kindly advice.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• The round circle of the glans is called corona and it generally remains dark compared to the rest of the glans.
  • Looking through the photos you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I think it looks totally normal.
  • So, do not worry. There is no need for any treatment.

For further doubts consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

With reference to the photos attached earlier, it feels like wound in urethra. When I softly press corona and shaft, it seems like there is a swelling inside. Sometimes, I have to apply pressure to urinate and during urination. Also, I feel irritation during erection, rarely it is very little painful inside pipe under corona. I can also feel slight irritation in lower abdomen area (left side) near waist. My urine color is normally transparent white or light yellow. Please advice.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

• The urinary meatus usually looks reddish and people mistake it as wound. It is totally normal.
  • Occasional dysuria (difficulty in urination) or straining does not need any treatment.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Herpes - a Common STD

Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the clinical presentation and treatment of herpes. Read Article

Herpes disease is caused by herpes simplex virus. The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is a double stranded DNA virus, infects humans alone and is almost ubiquitous. There are two closely related species of HSV, type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2). They cause primary as well as recurrent mucocutaneous infec...  Read Article

I have multiple sclerosis. Can I get artificial valve for urinary incontinence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. I am a 37 year old male. My weight is 165 pounds and height is 6 feet. My neurologist is treating my MS with two rounds of Rituximab infusions (low dose chemotherapy) every six months and a twice-daily dose of an Ampyra capsule. I also take...  Read Full »

I have chlamydia and fungal infection together. Can both medicines be taken?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with chlamydia trachomatis about six weeks ago. After that, I had some discharge and discomfort inside the urethra. They did a PCR test, and the diagnosis was Chlamydia trachomatis. The doctor gave me Azithromycin, I took six pills as a single dose. I still had dischar...  Read Full »