Q. All my reports are normal but I still have gynecomastia. What could be the reason?

Answered by Dr. Sumit Srivastava and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gynecomastia or Thyroid Dysfunction? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had prolactinoma diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism. I was treated with cabergoline and hydrocortisone for a few years and then taken off hydrocortisone when the adrenals began to function properly. My most recent blood tests came back normal, and I was tested for loads of other things including an MRI that shows no further growth. On paper, I am healthy and normal. But, I still get gynecomastia symptoms. My left nipple continues to be puffy, sensitive and at times causes a discomfort with dull aches.