Q. All my reports are normal but I still have gynecomastia. What could be the reason?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 05, 2022

I had prolactinoma diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism. I was treated with cabergoline and hydrocortisone for a few years and then taken off hydrocortisone when the adrenals began to function properly. My most recent blood tests came back normal, and I was tested for loads of other things including an MRI that shows no further growth. On paper, I am healthy and normal. But, I still get gynecomastia symptoms. My left nipple continues to be puffy, sensitive and at times causes a discomfort with dull aches.

#

• Since your prolactin levels are normal and there is no further growth, it is no longer due to the prolactinoma.
  • I would suggest you have your serum testosterone, thyroid hormone levels and serum basal cortisol levels measured to rule out their deficiency as the cause for your symptom.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|