I am 18 years old, and I have hair loss. I was worried since I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp about a month ago, and my hairline has receded even after recovery. I am currently taking Betamethasone, Fucidin and Foskina B. I do not have balding relatives, but it seems like my hair is thinning. Could this be because of stress? And if it is because of stress, can it grow back if I have a better lifestyle?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Diffuse thinning of hair and receding hairline is genetic primarily and acquired from the maternal side of your family. As you have mentioned, no one in your family has such a history. You may try to enquire from your maternal ancestors or siblings who might have had a similar illness. Secondly, as you have already mentioned, stress is a very common cause of the sudden onset of hair loss and thinning of hair. You also have a history of Seborrheic dermatitis, which results in loss of hair as well. Genetic stress and the presence of Seborrheic Dermatitis combined have resulted in a diffuse thinning of hair along with a receding hairline.
1. Make sure to stay more relaxed and less stressed by taking a walk, listening to calming music, autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR), therapies that help you relax, meditation, and spa. Reducing stress will automatically help in reversing the hair thinning and help in better growth of hair
2. Treating seborrheic dermatitis is essential. I suggest, use a shampoo with Ketoconazole and Zinc pyrithione (co-ordination complex of zinc) once in three days for six weeks.
3. Ensure that you follow a healthy and balanced diet in the form of fruits, vegetables, green leafy vegetables, which helps in reversing hair loss.
4. Protein-rich food, including eggs and an adequate amount of meat, can help with hair growth. You may also get Protein B powder (protein supplement) and consume one tablespoon of it once a day mixed in regular milk for one month.
5. Tablet Biotin (Vitamin B7) once daily after food for one month will help hair growth.
Stress-related hair loss is completely reversible with the right stress management therapy. So do not worry.
I hope I have been of help to you.
Stay healthy, happy, and safe.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. from your history would still be seborrheic dermatitis or sebopsoriasis or scalp psoriasis. This is more of a cyclical problem, it tends to curb down with 2 to 3 months of treatment, but recurring back with a change in season or lifestyle. Howe... Read fullHair Loss (Alopecia Areata) Cure Through Homoeopathy
.. areata is reasonably successful. Homeopathic medicines try to cure the immune system disorder that is responsible for hair loss .. ... Read fullAlopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy
.. at a rise, and even young adults are complaining about it. This article provides homeopathic treatment options for hair fall .. ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now