Q. I had a scab fall off from hair transplanted site. Is this due to hair transplant failure?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

I underwent a hair transplant before three months. I might not be sure but I may have roughly massaged my head or while wearing t-shirts a scab fells off, will this result in failed hair transplant?

#

Hair transplant failure or success is evident within four weeks. The follicles which have been implanted into our skin of the scalp would die initially within two weeks or they lead to the growth of the good hair. After that you massage it or do anything it will not have any effect on the hair transplant, because the hair follicle by that time would have established at that place as the original ones.

So the effect of rubbing, friction or any disease will be the same whether transplanted or not. So I do not think you need to worry about that. But what you should worry is that there is not any other infection like fungus on this lesion which I can see on your head. If there is anything itch or burning and the lesion is expanding kindly tell me with a clear photograph of the skin of the forehead.

Regarding hair transplant, it is successful you need not worry about it.

| 

I have heavy hair fall. Kindly suggest some measures to arrest the hair fall and initiate hair growth.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54-year-old woman. Around four to five months, I have been experiencing heavy hair fall in the frontal and lateral region. Since the past one year, I am also experiencing thyroid conditions (hypothyroid 6.40) along with stress and menopause (menopause onset was seven months bef...  Read Full »

Can I take Minoxidil with Eclipta Alba for alopecia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from alopecia. Can I use Tugain Foam 10 % Minoxidil hair gain treatment as well as Morpheme Bhringraja (Eclipta Alba) for hair and skin care 500 mg extract 60 Veg capsules together for the better result?  Read Full »

What is the solution for frizzy chemically treated hair with hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, My hair is breaking recently a lot on the top. It is quite embarrassing. I use sulfate free shampoo and mine is chemically treated hair. Hair is so frizzy. What is the solution?  Read Full »