Q. I have been using Minoxidil, but hairfall persists. Why?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

I am using Minoxidil for the past one year. Suddenly in the last three weeks, I am seeing that lots of hair are shedding. I think this because of my shampoo change. Now I have gone back to my original shampoo what I was using earlier, but my still hair shedding is more even after regular application of Minoxidil. Kindly help with some remedies.

#

I understand your concern about hair fall. Please be aware that any hair fall less than 100 strands per day is normal and you should not be worried as it might just be related to temporary hormonal imbalance, stress, any recent fever, dietary habits, and lifestyle.

You can continue with Minoxidil 5% (1 ml) in the night on the scalp, H.Vit Forte capsules (Biotin) once daily for 30 days, Becosules capsules (multivitamins) once daily for 30 days.

You can follow some simple steps:

- If you have dandruff, you can follow up for its treatment.

- Oil massage your scalp daily for 15 minutes to increase the blood flow to the follicles to promote hair growth.

- Avoid chemical therapy to hair such as hair dye, color, etc.

- Have food rich in Iron, VitanminD and Folic acid.

Even after you follow these you still find your hair loss more than 100 strands per day, do the following investigations:

1. Vitamin D levels.

2. Hb levels.

3. Thyroid levels.

4. Calcium levels.

Stress is a main contributing factor, so try to relax yourself more.

|