Q. I have a throbbing headache for two weeks now, which is getting worse. Please help.

Dr. Upendra K Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 25, 2020

hi doc good morning. i have been having really bad headache for 2 weeks now. its a throbbing headache that affects the front and back part of my head. i also notice that it gets worse when i am lying down. there are times i vomitted also. last week i noticed that i have fever for 2 days but the fever went away this week. i tried drinking painkillers to. last week medicol seemed to work. but i noticed the headache was getting worse and the painkiller is no longer working.

#

Hi, good morning headache, vomiting starting with fever is suggestive of infection, we need to rule out meningitis and raised intracranial pressure my questions 1. Do you have blurring of vision or double vision? 2. Do you have neck rigidity? ( you will feel like stiffness and pain in back of neck, you won't be able to touch your chest with chin) if any of the above is there, please consult locally as early as possible to your GP/Neurologist, if above things are not then you need to do two things 1. Get on MRI brain with contrast done to look for infective focus or parenchymal lesion. 2. Get your Eyes checked for pappiloedema to look for raised intracranial pressure. meanwhile you can take pantoprazole and domperdon (pantocid - D) before breakfast take tablet Naproxen 500mg (in place of Medicol ) when required for headache thank you

|