Kindly provide some health tips that every woman should know.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. Eat a healthy diet. Women are always conscious about their food. But dieting does not mean you cannot eat fat or carbohydrates. Fats and carbohydrates are also necessary for the body. Women should take healthy fats and carbohydrates in proper amount along with proteins and fiber.
2. Do exercise daily. Women believe that as they do household works, they do not need any exercise. But that is not the truth. Exercise is essential to prevent obesity, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
3. Along with physical health, they should also take care of their mental health. Which means if they have any issue related to stress, anxiety or depression, etc. they should seek professional help.
4. Women should be aware of breast cancer, and if they feel any lump in breast or nodes around the chest, they should consult their gynecologist.
5. Women between 21 to 60 years of age should perform a test for HPV and pap smear test regularly after discussing it with their gynecologist.
6. Do not consume alcohol and avoid smoking as it affects fertility and also leads to other health issues.
7. After the age of 40, women should be careful about their bone health, but that does not mean take calcium supplements excessively because that may also lead to other problems.
8. Do not avoid health issues even if it is mild because it can lead to other problems in the future. Like high cholesterol level may lead to high blood pressure and heart problem in the future.
9. Always keep an eye on the menstrual cycle and if it is not regular, consult your gynecologist because a normal period is essential for female health.
10. Sleep adequately at least for six to eight hours a day because good sleep is essential for good health.
Query: Hi doctor, Is it bad for the back if I keep high arch during bench press? Can it hurt the back? Read Full »
Article Overview: There is an urgent need in many countries to increase the awareness regarding mental health. The most important task now is to make people understand the concept of mental health correctly and learn how to deal with it and get better. Read Article
A 23-year-old boy, working at a private institution had gradually reduced his interactions with family and friends. He started becoming irregular at work. He used to lie down in his room during the day and not talk to anybody. One day, he was found hanging from his ceiling fan. There was a 20-year-... Read Article
Article Overview: In a country like ours where access to basic primary health care resources is still very poor, in such a scenario expert mental health services are very difficult to provide. Promotion of awareness then becomes increasingly necessary in such situations. Read Article
The reason behind giving first aid is to give initial treatment before the patient is able to receive adequate medical attention at higher centers. The same is true in case of mental health first aid. The mental health first aid is given to a person having some mental illness or mental health crisi... Read Article
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a General Medicine Physician Now